Monday, February 20, 2012

Homeschool Conference

Just got back from a great homeschool conference in our capitol city.

It was enlightening.
It was fun.
It was exhausting.

Favorite things and greatest discoveries:
  • My kids got to run and play and be kids. They played American football and ultimate frisbee. They weren't stared at or photographed. They could just be kids.
  • I played games....games that involved not knowing the rules, painting the faces of the losers, and late nights. I laughed until my face hurt...bliss.
  • I am proud of my kiddos.
  • I learned I want to challenge them even more. I want to begin specializing in their interests and allow them to explore even deeper into what they love.
  • My friends who homeschool are really amazing. They are doing some awesome stuff. They are my greatest resource.
  • My kids got to have Slurpees.
  • I got to have Starbucks. :)
  • I was inspired.
  • I don't like traveling without Louie. 
I leave again tomorrow. We're off on a visa run. I love my life.

Love from the islands,
Twyla

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear what all you learn from your next trip! :) Enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing all of you and homeschool conferences in Indo! Thanks for posting about it. Love it that the kids had so much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete