Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day Two: Commitment Remorse

Ahhh...what have I gotten myself into?  I couldn't sleep last night worrying over this crazy commitment.  What am I going to write about?  What kind of blog will this be?  Will it be a food blog (my favorites)?  A homeschool blog (scarey)?  A "Proverbs 31 Woman" blog (yeah, right.)?  I love blogs.  They all sound so positive.  People's lives sound fun.  They make beautiful meals, take beautiful pictures and have perfect kids.  They are organized and efficient...

Let's see.  Should I write about our meltdown in math yesterday?  How about my mediocre chicken pot pie last night? I actually took a picture of the pot pie thinking that's what you do when you write a blog.  Haha!  How about my need to detox from Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas...another "resolution" that has yet to be started?  Or maybe I should go with the fact that I am still on Dec. 8 of my "Read through the Bible plan" from last year.  How in the world can you get through Romans in four days?

I will probably write about all those subjects in the coming days.  But I have a problem.

I have a desperate need to confess all my weaknesses.  This characteristic comes out of a past (and present) of fighting pride in my life.  Why would I want to write for 30 days straight when there is a compulsory need to confess all the time?  (Insert hands shaking, upset stomach, etc.)  This will be an experiment in humiliation.

But my Jesus reminds me, "My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why for Christ's sake I delight in weaknesses...for when I am weak then I am strong."

Sigh.  I can do that.  I can delight in weaknesses.  I can rest in Him.  I can walk through meltdowns with Him.  I can laugh at my need to please you all with a picture of my pot pie.  I CAN detox and eat healthy real foods because I want to please Him.  I want to honor His temple, my body.  And best of all I am free from dates on reading plans because I want to spend time with Him, soaking in His words to me.

What about you?  Do you feel a need to put your best foot forward all the time?  My Jesus' kingdom is all upside down and backwards.  The first will be last, love your enemies and boast in your weaknesses.  Crazy.  But I want to be near Him.  I want to know Him and I have found that these crazy upside down ideas actually set me free to walk with Him more intimately.

Love from the islands,
Twyla

P.S.  Do you like the new font?  Much easier to read.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I love that you are jumping in to the blogging world. You are already great at it with only two posts in your pocket. Yea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your thoughts, Twyla. Thanks for your honesty and admission to things that we are ALL struggling with. You rock! (and I LOVE the font...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration girl! Looking fwd to treking with you and the family! :) Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how real you are! I love your blog! I love the new font! I love YOU!

    ...And I also love the fact that you took a picture of your pot pie. :) You make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fear not, my sweet friend. No one judges people who make them laugh. This will be great when I need to see new pictures of the kids, and Pot Pie. Can't wait to hear fun stories about your great life!!! Miss you!

    Love

    Gin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief! You're hitting the nail on the head. Nick (the boyfriend) & I have been talking over boasting in our weakness. Something neither of us likes to do. We're both very prideful people. Why on earth would we want to appear or be weak??

    I'm all for a "weakness" blog. It not only brings glory to God, but allows light to touch darkness and encourages people to understand they are not alone.

    You're awesome. :) And God is awesomer. (I know. Not a word.)

    ReplyDelete