Monday, January 9, 2012

Dave Six: Blog as You Wog

I have a raging case of writer's block today. In the last five days I have written to you from my heart.  The posts have not been planned or premeditated. They flowed out of my times with Jesus. They were about my heart and they wrote themselves. In the past month I have had lots of time in the mornings to talk to Jesus, do laundry and make big breakfasts. Today we began a full school schedule, I went wogging (walk/jogging...I love this word) and ran to the grocery store (not literally, I took the car. I can't run. I'm incapable. See before mentioned bit on wogging). Gone are the relaxed mornings of the holidays. I'm back in high gear. With our schedule picking up again I'm asking myself where will I find the time to write? I spoke to Jesus this morning. It went something like this:

"Hi Lord. I have lots to do today so let's get this thing going...what's up?...um...ok...well, I'm going to read Your Word...ok...interesting...anything else?...ok, well I gotta go shopping and make our spelling list for today."

No wonder I have nothing to write about.

But does my friendship with Jesus only come from my morning time with Him? Does He only speak to me when I am a good girl and give Him quality and quantity time? I think days like today are why Paul told the Thessalonians to pray continually (1 Thess 4:17). As I go through my day I can speak to Him in the car, at the grocery store and as I teach grammar. He speaks to me about joy in our family devotion. He reminds me of topics for the blog as I wog. Ha! Blog as I wog. In fact, He doesn't ever stop communicating His love and passion for me. "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zeph 3:17)

In a moment we can be in His presence. In the time it takes me to say, "Jesus!" He is with me. Praise Him. And when I am suffering from writer's block He tells me, "Write about writer's block." He used my friend, Darlene's voice to say it to me, but it was from Him.

Love from the islands,
Twyla

P.S. Some of you have communicated that you cannot leave comments. I'm sorry. I'm new to this here high tech world of blogs. I think I fixed the problem. If you had problems in the past it may be fixed. I give no guarantees as I don't really know what I'm doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment