I asked Sam's permission to post this...I stated in an earlier blog that I would not post about Team Castro's weaknesses. I would like to amend that. Sometimes our weaknesses produce in us and others a harvest of righteousness. I will only post what Team Castro gives permission to post and I will only share what in the end is encouraging to all of us...
Sam came to know Jesus when he was just 5 years old. He was under great conviction when he told us he wanted to give his life to Jesus. We were stunned as we watched him empty his heart out to the Lord at such a young age.
Sam is a normal xbox-playing, sister-tormenting, chore-forgetting boy. He marches to the beat of his own harmonica as our friend, Amber, likes to say. He is his own man through and through. And yet, in all this normalness lies a sensitive spirit that longs to please Jesus.
Recently Sam came to me after he had gone to bed for the night and asked if we could talk somewhere private. We went in my bedroom and Sam confessed to cheating in homeschool. In his independent study time he had marked some things as correct that were wrong so he wouldn't have to correct them. He shared how as he was praying in bed God had reminded him of this infraction. He asked me to forgive him and asked me to help him by correcting his independent work for him so that he wouldn't be tempted to cheat again. As we talked I assured him of my forgiveness and God's wonderful love for him in showing him his sin and calling him back into fellowship with Him.
The next morning as we were going over the "Jesus speaking" journals, I opened Sam's journal. Instead of a sentence, Sam had written one word, "Forgiven." One small word. One small word that preached a sermon.
Do you need that sermon today? I know I need it everyday. A reminder that when we give our lives to Jesus we are forgiven and cleansed of all sins past and future. Praise Him!
Those who look to Him are radiant. Their faces are never covered with shame (Psalm 34:5).
Love from the islands,
Twyla
P.S. I'm one-third through my 30 day commitment and I have to say it is so fun! Thank you all for listening to this fiery heart.
That boy's trying to make me cry! Sheesh...
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDeletePrecious.
ReplyDelete