Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day Twenty-Eight: My Favorite Posts

Wow! It's been four weeks since I began this amazing adventure of blogging. I am having so much fun. Who knew that writing about my wacky life would turn into a cathartic exercise in self-expression? Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, for reading each day. I still have two more days left, but I am anticipating the end of this commitment and I don't think I can say thank you enough. I thought that today I would write about some of my favorite and not so favorite posts...maybe invite you into my head. Careful, my head is a crazy place. Enter at your own risk.

Oddly enough, two of my favorite posts were the least read. Isn't that how it is, though, in real life? Our seemingly inconsequential days are sometimes the most profound. I loved writing A Worn, Taped Up Little NIV. That morning I was overcome by the Word of God. It was a beautiful time thanking Jesus that He has given us everything we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). Even with all the confession and talk of weaknesses in this blog, I felt that I was the most transparent that day. The other favorite was Movie Quotes. I really liked that day too because it cracked me up. I love laughing at myself and that day I thought, "Does anyone else think like this?" I am so weird.

The most popular posts were A Call To Single Men, A Call To Single Women and Our Story. You guys love romance as much as I do. The themes of love, romance, and "What the heck am I supposed to do as a single?" really resonate with us all. We all want romance in our lives, God made us that way. If I had a secluded shack (ok, nice hotel room) on a beach somewhere I think I could write a whole book on this subject of singleness in Jesus and the idea of pursuing and being pursued. Louie wouldn't let me, but I would also love to open a matchmaking service. :)

I REALLY struggled with writing My Story. It took me all day. That was the day that flipped my schedule around. At first I was writing my posts early in the mornings (on this side of the world) but that post took me all day. I struggled for two reasons. First, I had just written Louie's faith story. His story is a beautiful picture of redemption. There is no one too far that Jesus can't reach them with His grace. My little story seemed anti-climatic after that. And second, I didn't want to open up to you about my deceitful past. Did you really want to hear another confession? But, it is a testimony of Jesus' transformational power. How could I not share it? There were many drafts to that story.

All of the last twenty-seven posts are like my children. How could I really choose a favorite? Each one is an honest expression of my life that day. They are about my walk with Jesus, Team Castro and the craziness of life in the islands. I hold them all as treasures.

Would you please give me your feedback? What did you like or not like? Be honest, but be kind ok? I genuinely want to know your opinions. I'm praying about what the next steps are going to be in this journey of faith. I'm so grateful for you all!

Love from the islands,
Twyla


4 comments:

  1. Can I just say I loved them ALL? I didn't comment on every one of your posts, but I looked forward to reading them each morning as I ate breakfast. And I hope you keep this up so I can continue to read something edifying! I've learned so much from each of your posts. If I had to pick some least favorites, it would be the video ones, just because I didn't get to hear from you as much. ;) I love you so much! You are a special lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't stop now! I've loved feeling connected to you!

    Erin O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twyla, I think you should make this into a devotional book. Your raw honesty and beautiful interpretation of scripture should be in more people's hands. I agree with Erin O- don't stop- i feel I'm in your living room having Bible study with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twyla,
    I'm running late as usual. I loved what you did. I think the freshness of your desire to know Jesus and hear him is something others drink up. I hope you keep doing this.
    Mateo

    ReplyDelete